May 16, 2008

Szabó Eszter - Play that Funky Music White Boy - Wild Cherry

Szabó Eszter - Play that Funky Music White Boy - Wild Cherry



(Listen to the original Wild Cherry version)

Szabó Eszter came fourth in the third series of Hungarian Idol (Megasztár) 2005-2006. This is her performance on the 80s' hits night.


Play that Funky music white boy:

Hey...do it now

once I was a boogie singer...playin' in a rock & roll band
I never had no problems, yeah...burnin' down the one night stands
And everything around me, got to start to feelin' so low
And I decided quickly [yes, I did]...to disco down and check out the show

Yeah, they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me somebody turned around and shouted

Play that funky music white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music white boy
Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die...
till you die...

Well, I tried to understand this...Yeah, huh, I thought that they were out of their minds
How could I be so foolish, ...tonight's the hours, the one behind
So still I kept on fightin'... loosin' every step of the way (Yeah, what'd you do?)
I said, "I must go back there"[Got to go back]...and check to see if things still the same

Yeah, they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'
And just when it hit me somebody turned around and shouted

Play that funky music white boy
Play that funky music right
Play that funky music white boy
Lay down that boogie and play that funky music till you die...

Eszter (the singer) Has a very deep and raw, husky voice. She wore different kinds of hats trough the show. That made her a unique contestant.

The song was originally composed by Robert Parissi, singer of the rock band: Wild Cherry. It was sung by different singers too, like: James Brown or Prince

No comments: