January 27, 2008

Marta Sebestyen Sings "The English Patient"



(NO VIDEO just the song)
Hungarian folk song singer Marta Sebestyen sang the soundtrack of the movie The English Patient

This is a very beautiful song that comes from the heart.

Szerelem, szerelem,
Átkozott gyötrelem,
Mért nem virágoztál
Minden fa teteje?
Minden fa tetején,
Diófa levelén,
Hogy szakísztott volna,
Minden leány és legény.
Mert én is szakísztottam,
El is szalasztottam,
Én is szakísztottam,
És el is szalasztottam.
Ej de még szakísztanék
Ha jóra találnék,
Ha jóra, ha szépre,
A régi szeretőmre.
Mhhhhhmmmhhhh
S, a régi szeretőmért,
Mit nem cselekednék,
Tengerből a vizet,
Kanállal lemerném.
És a tenger fenekéről,
Apró gyöngyöt szednék,
És a régi szeretőmnek,
Gyöngykoszorút kötnék


O, love love
accursed torture
why did you not blossom
on every treetop?
On the top of every tree,
on the leaf of a walnut tree,
so every maiden and unmarried young man
would have plucked it.
Because I too plucked it
and I let it slip away.
I too plucked it
and I let it slip away.
O, I would pluck one again
if I found a good one,
if I found a good one, a beautiful one,
my old lover.
And for my old lover
what wouldn't I do?
I would skim the water
from the sea with a spoon.
From the bottom of the sea
I would gather small pearls
and for my old lover
I would braid a wreath of pearls.

No comments: